Re: [TeXmacs] use-syntax for TeXmacs guile modules

  • From: Lionel Elie Mamane <address@hidden>
  • To: Henri Lesourd <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] use-syntax for TeXmacs guile modules
  • Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 14:08:40 +0200

On Thu, Oct 19, 2006 at 01:41:26PM +0200, Henri Lesourd wrote:
> Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:

>> No, I could teach myself Guile-specific macros instead of using the
>> R5RS ones. Will probably do that.

> I don't know what you mean by "Guile-specific macros".

defmacro and define-macro.

> RxRS Scheme supports the classical hygienic macros

Yes, but, if I understand well, in order to use the "classical
hygienic macros" of R5RS scheme in guile, you have to "(use-syntax
(ice-9 syncase))" first.

> But as far as macros are concerned (i.e. "(define-macro ...)"
> stuff), it works (or there should be a way to have them work)
> effectively perfectly on all the implementations / embeddings of
> Scheme, etc.

As far as I know, no. define-macro is *not* standard Scheme and will
work in any implementation of Scheme, while the R5RS macros
(define-syntax, let-syntax, ...) are supposed to.

--
Lionel