Re: [TeXmacs] Quick way to reset a session?

  • From: Stephan Mucha <address@hidden>
  • To: Geoffrey Alan Washburn <address@hidden>, address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Quick way to reset a session?
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 17:32:52 +0100

GAW> Hi, I'm developing a program that interfaces with TeXmacs and as I debug
GAW> my software and must recompile my program. Consequently it is becoming
GAW> time consuming to have to first "close the session" and then
GAW> delete the output of that session and then start a new session every
GAW> time I recompile for even the smallest tweak.

GAW> According to the manual TeXmacs can send an interrupt signal (SIGINT),
GAW> but that will just stop the current computation if it isn't waiting for
GAW> input. I did a quick grep of the TeXmacs scheme source and didn't find
GAW> anything about how to send signals. Is there a way I could write a
GAW> function to send my program SIGHUP and then clear the contents of the
GAW> current session node? Thanks!

With "Close Session" the interface process is stopped.
Using "Session - Remove fields - Remove all output fields" only the
input fields remain. Executing one of them restarts the interface
again which executes your potentially changed program.

Is this what you need or did I get you wrong?

--

Stephan