Re: [TeXmacs] Quick way to reset a session?

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: Geoffrey Alan Washburn <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Quick way to reset a session?
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 10:17:42 +0100

On Mon, Jan 29, 2007 at 02:57:52PM -0500, Geoffrey Alan Washburn wrote:
> Stephan Mucha wrote:
>
> >With "Close Session" the interface process is stopped.
> >Using "Session - Remove fields - Remove all output fields" only the
> >input fields remain. Executing one of them restarts the interface
> >again which executes your potentially changed program.
> >
> >Is this what you need or did I get you wrong?
>
> Mostly. I wasn't aware that if the session had been closed or died
> that it would automatically restart. I should be able to use the scheme
> code from these two menu options to create the combined functionality I
> am looking to get.

You have two ways to stop a computation:
1) The scissors kill the connection (SIGKILL)
2) The stop button interrupts execution (SIGINT)
It is up to your plug-in to correctly deal with SIGINT events.
Unfortunately, only few plug-ins do this at the moment,
but the mechanism is supported on the TeXmacs side.

And yes, sessions are automatically restarted when the connection died.
The only missing thing (but to come soon, I hope) is to re-evaluate all
inputs of a given worksheet.

Best wishes, Joris