two questions about fonts

  • From: "David G. Wonnacott" <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: two questions about fonts
  • Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 16:29:30 -0500 (EST)

I've got TeXmacs working with Type 1 fonts now, and am very happy with
the results. I have two questions:

1) Why are the fonts listed under "Document->Font->Text Font"
different from those listed under "Format->(Font) Name"?

For example, Adobe "New Century Schoolbook" is listed in
the latter but not the former.

2) What is the copyright status of the fonts distributed with
TeXmacs, and how do I know I've got a TeXmacs-distributed
font and not some other font with different copyright
status?

In particular, I would like to put some documents out on
lulu.com, but don't want to worry about copyright issues on
the fonts I use.

Dave W