Re: [TeXmacs] two questions about fonts

  • From: Henri Lesourd <address@hidden>
  • To: "David G. Wonnacott" <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] two questions about fonts
  • Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 23:20:25 +0100

David G. Wonnacott wrote:

I've got TeXmacs working with Type 1 fonts now, and am very happy with
the results. I have two questions:

1) Why are the fonts listed under "Document->Font->Text Font"
different from those listed under "Format->(Font) Name"?

It seems to me (but I'm not sure) that Document->Font->{Text Mathematical Program} Font
are the 3 menus for selecting a default font for the respective kinds of text "Text", "Math",
and "Code".

2) What is the copyright status of the fonts distributed with
TeXmacs, and how do I know I've got a TeXmacs-distributed
font and not some other font with different copyright
status?

In particular, I would like to put some documents out on
lulu.com, but don't want to worry about copyright issues on
the fonts I use.

It seems to me that it's very likely that TeXmacs people took care to use only free fonts,
but I'm not the one in charge of this, therefore, you should check (are you sure there
is nothing in the archive of the mailing lists about this ?).