Re: [TeXmacs] operations of big table in WinTexmacs

  • From: Henri Lesourd <address@hidden>
  • To: Jack Zhang <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] operations of big table in WinTexmacs
  • Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2007 11:46:54 +0200

Jack Zhang wrote:

Hi there

I have a big data table 30RX15C to put in the file. The data was kept in Excel and save in the txt file. In WinTexmacs, can we import it by some latex command and then process it Texmacs.

Normally, we can process big data in Latex by add & between two figures.

I don't want to do this work manually.

If I were you, I would export my Excel file in CSV format,
and write a script to split the data into chunks and generate
the appropriate LaTeX code.

Beyond the separating commas and carriage returns, you could
also insert manually separators to say "cut the table here", and
then use your script to generate the LaTeX, or even directly
the TeXmacs format output. This way, you can finely tune
the operations to perform on your data, and redo these operations
as much as you need to obtain a perfect layout.

In any case, there is currently no really powerful & robust scripting
capability inside TeXmacs (whether it is WinTeXmacs or CygTeXmacs),
thus if you have a big bunch of data, the appropriate solution is definitely
to write an external script to preprocess this data according to what you
need, everybody will tell you that.