Re: [TeXmacs] HOWTO: get multi-character math identifiers in the default math italic font?

  • From: Jeremy Henty <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] HOWTO: get multi-character math identifiers in the default math italic font?
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 09:45:06 +0100

On Fri, Jun 01, 2007 at 09:48:48AM +0200, Bas Spitters wrote:
> The default way is to type d-tab-tab-x in math mode

Thanks for your help, but unfortunately that's not quite what I want.
It gives me a roman "d" and a math italic "x". I would like them both
in math italic.

I've been trying things like adding space between them and later
removing it, along with tabbing as you suggest, but nothing works. No
matter how I try to work round it TeXmacs insists that the "d" *must*
be roman if it's followed by another character. I can't believe
there's no workaround this, but I can't find one.

Regards,

Jeremy Henty