Re: [TeXmacs] SAGE

  • From: "Mike Hansen" <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] SAGE
  • Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 02:38:39 -0600

Hello,

I'm a Sage developer (who happened to write the Sage plug-in for
TeXmacs). While one of the goals is to make it so that computer
algebra systems can work together, I don't view that as its primary
goal. Sage's goal is to create a free, open-source viable alternative
to Magma, Mathematica, Maple, and MATLAB. Part of this involves
making use of existing open source math software, but a lot of it is
implementing new functionality that fills in the missing gaps.

I would like to see the Sage plugin for TeXmacs expanded upon, but I
personally have too many other things to work on at the moment.

--Mike