Re: [TeXmacs] SAGE

  • From: Bas Spitters <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] SAGE
  • Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 10:00:55 +0100

Dear Mike,

Interesting.

After sending the message, I imagined that this would be an interesting and
perhaps more uniform way of interfacing with CASs. Looking (only) at the
screen shot I imagine that sage returns some kind of structured output for
CASs. I once spend some time doing a magma plugin for texmacs, but gave up
when having to parse multiline ascii. Magma should just return some
structured output (tex/ XML/ texmacs...). It seems that Sage provides this
for a number of systems (including magma).

Perhaps, you can explain a bit more about your Sage plugin so that people can
expand on it. [I will have to apologise in advance for lacking the time for
this myself at this point.]

Bas