Re: [TeXmacs] WMI 2.1 (Christmas release) is here, http://matek.hu/info/matekhu21en.html

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] WMI 2.1 (Christmas release) is here, http://matek.hu/info/matekhu21en.html
  • Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 10:03:15 +0100

On Tue, Dec 18, 2007 at 07:33:17PM -0500, David E. Kephart wrote:
> Isn't this the equivalent of spam?

I agree that the TeXmacs mailing list is not really the appropriate
place to make publicity for other software, except if this other software
has a clear relation to TeXmacs.

In the case of WMI2, it seems that TeXmacs is (only?) used to
generate web-pages. Instead of sending us a publicity message,
it would have been more appropriate to post an email which
explains the role of TeXmacs in WMI2.

At any rate, I invite anyone who would like to advocate external software
with a minor relation to TeXmacs to send a private message to me,
which I can then choose or not to relay to the mailing list.
In the contrary case, such publicity should indeed be considered as spam.

Best wishes, Joris