Re: [TeXmacs] Cygtexmacs on vista

  • From: Henri Lesourd <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Cygtexmacs on vista
  • Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 20:53:51 +0100

Guillaume Andrieu wrote:

While searching on google, it seems that lots of vista users are experiencing problems with cygwin and other "linux-windows" tools due to restrictions in vista
Apparently, a virtual machine as VMWARE is the only solution to make texmacs work under vista.

No, it's not.

We recently built an autoextractible executable
for Vista which contains a TeXmacs compiled on
top of Cygwin.

You can find it at:
http://www.ags.uni-sb.de/~imath/

The problem is : although it can be considered that
the size of our archive is rather big, the fact remains
that the behaviour of Vista is absolutely unbearable,
it takes around *ONE HOUR* to unpack the archive (vs.
a bunch of minutes under Linux).