Re: Loading dictionaries?

  • From: Henri Lesourd <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: Loading dictionaries?
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 14:24:10 +0200

Thomas Reinhardt wrote:

I cannot make TeXmacs use the Spell facility because I cannot associate
a dictionary, such as English or American English, with TeXmacs. I
haven't seen anything in Preferences, so I need to ask some kind person
to point me in the right direction.

How does one enable Spell correction in TeXmacs?

As far as I understood the code, there is an environment
variable called "language", which can have values
like "english", for example.

Inside a TeXmacs document, type:
\ v a l u e [ENTER] l a n g u a g e [ENTER]

, then you should obtain the value of the
current language of your document. As for
me, I obtain "english".

Once things are this way (and as far as I understood
the code correctly (i.e., ispell.cpp), TeXmacs should
automagically call ispell with the correct arguments.

Thus if it doesn't work for you, its rather likely
that "ispell", "aspell", or "aspell.exe" cannot
be found using your default PATH environment
variable (check this under bash and/or under
an "sh" inside TeXmacs).

In such a situation, the solution should simply
be to install aspell.

Best, Henri