Re: Loading dictionaries?

  • From: Henri Lesourd <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: Loading dictionaries?
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 14:34:57 +0200

Thomas Reinhardt wrote:

Thank you for your quick reply. The language in my version is american.
Naturally, I have no such dictionary, or, no such dictionary is
available via aspell. I have also checked and aspell as well as ispell
are both loaded on my machine. Again, I have no access to these
dictionaries as things currently stand.

These language names look strange, it seems to me that e.g. "british"
doesn't exists in aspell (although I'm not sure).

There are *some* translation names in Plugins/Ispell/ispell.cpp:
[[
string
ispell_dictionary (string lang) {
if (N(the_dict) == 0) {
init_dictionary ("english", "english");
init_dictionary ("english", "american");
}
]]

According to this, "american" *should* be understood by TeXmacs
as an "english" aspell dictionary name. According to the code
above, the real aspell command sent is :
[[
string cmd= "ispell -a -d " * ispell_dictionary (lan) ...
]]

thus the way it works seems to be sending
something like "ispell -a -d english ..."
to the UNIX system.

What should be done is:

1. testing under bash that you can actually run ispell and
use the relevant dictionary ;

2. test exactly which ispell command TeXmacs is sending to
the OS ;

I don't know more.

Of course, a real documentation about that would be better
than more or less exact guesses obtain from looking at the
code, but...