[TeXmacs] texmacs on hardy

  • From: Andrea Gamba<address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: [TeXmacs] texmacs on hardy
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 23:52:33 +0200 (CEST)

I have installed version 1.07 on ubuntu hardy, following the instructions in

http://www.texmacs.org/tmweb/download/unix.en.html

(I tried to get a .deb from here
http://packages.debian.org/testing/editors/texmacs.html
but I got an error)

Now everything is ok when I start texmacs from a terminal, but I can't open
anymore texmacs documents by just clicking on them.

I tried writing the full path of the new binary in "Properties->Open with" but
it doesn't work either. It is as if the system did not have the informations
about the TEXMACS_PATH. What should I do?

By the way, is anybody going to package texmacs 1.07 for ubuntu intrepid,
which
is going to be out in a few days? Many of us are using ubuntu and it would be
nice to have a fresh version of texmacs there.