[TeXmacs] workshop about texmacs

  • From: Marc Lalaude-Labayle <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: [TeXmacs] workshop about texmacs
  • Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 08:01:00 +0100

Hi,

yesterday i animated a workshop about texmacs. Thank you for your help,
especially Bernard and Henri.

It should have last 1,5 hour, but people were so impressed that it
lasted in fact more than 2 hours : i had to answer lot of questions.

I animated the workshop with a colleague which, using only Ms-Word, was
the candid of the team and could calm down the frightenning of the
audience. It worked, i think ...

Although i am not a fine texnician, i could answer most of the
questions. Some still remain unanswered, some of wich were already asked
on this list (i think) :
- Using article or book style, to write a lesson for example, when you
type return there is an horizontal indent which seemed to be annoying
for everyone. How can we change this ? Is there a way to specify (only
with the mouse was one of our leitmotiv, although i showed for some
teachers other ways to make it) to change this ? If not, which std file
do i have to modify ?
- if i write matrices, in which i want to put above the first line
f(e_1) f(e_2) ... and on the right of the right parenthesis e_1 e_2 ....
Is there a simple way to do this ?

I'll do this workshop again in front of beginning teachers.

Thank you again for all your help

Regards
Marc

  • [TeXmacs] workshop about texmacs, Marc Lalaude-Labayle, 10/26/2008