[TeXmacs] axiom interface

  • From: Andrea Gamba<address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: [TeXmacs] axiom interface
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 02:02:08 +0100 (CET)

So I am still trying to have axiom working with texmacs 1.07 and ubuntu hardy
(soon intrepid ibex).

Having a look here: http://axiom-wiki.newsynthesis.org/TeXmacs
I find that not only axiom, but also AXIOMsys has to be in the PATH.

So I add /usr/lib/axiom-20050901/bin to my PATH and finally texmacs is
recognizing axiom.

Can something be done in order to have this one recognized automatically? I
understand it's a bad idea that the Debian people have put axiom in such a
strange place, but the point is, lot of people are using Debian or Ubuntu, and
they are not going to find the axiom option in texmacs.

Then: the axiom session is now started, but it still doesn't work: I get
"generic axiom program busy", and trying 2+2 does not give any result.

Anyone has ideas? What can be done to debug the problem? Possibly change
somehow (how?) init-axiom or axiom-input?

Andrea

  • [TeXmacs] axiom interface, Andrea Gamba, 10/26/2008
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • [TeXmacs] axiom interface, Andrea Gamba, 10/28/2008