Re: [TeXmacs] Cut and paste in KDE 4

  • From: Javier Arantegui <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Cut and paste in KDE 4
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 10:38:40 +0100

Hello,

El Martes, 20 de Enero de 2009, Bas Spitters escribió:
> Cut and paste seems broken in kubuntu 8.10 (KDE 4). I do not have this
> problems in KDE 3. The experimental QT-port fixes this problem in KDE 4.
> However, this QT-port crashes regularly when I compile it under kubuntu
> 8.10.
>
> The net effect is that I do not have a working texmacs.
> Is there a solution?

I have a solution, but probably it's not what you want. If you are a happy
user of KDE 4, definitively it's not a solution. Yesterday I "downgraded" my
Kubuntu 8.10 installation to KDE 3.5.10. It's not difficult and it takes some
time. I think that it is not difficult to remove it or to have both KDE3 and
KDE4 installed, but I haven't tested to remove it or to have both setups.

Here is the HOWTO:

HowTo install KDE 3 into Intrepid

The problem in this case is that copy'n'paste never worked fine in KDE 3....

Perhaps a better solution could be to install xubuntu-desktop and login using
XFCE instead of KDE when you plan to work heavily with TeXmacs.

Javier

--
Javier Arántegui
Dept. Tecnologia de Alimentos / Dept. of Food Technology

Tel. +34 973702595
Fax +34 973702596
IM: Jabber - javier.arantegui (AT) jabberes.org
http://www.tecal.udl.es