Re: [TeXmacs] Cut and paste in KDE 4

  • From: Norbert Nemec <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Cut and paste in KDE 4
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 22:57:28 +0000

Hi David,

thanks for looking into it! Unfortunately your patch does not work, though :-(

The immediate problem, that would probably fairly easy to solve is that the conversion to text does not work (p.e. xclipboard complains when I have it running in parallel.

The more fundamental problem is that the distinction between the "primary" selection and the "clipboard" selection is not clear.

I think, this needs some serious sorting out. A few-line bugfix might solve the immediate problem, but I think TeXmacs never really handled cut-and-paste conforming to any standard, so it somehow interacts slightly different with every program...

I'll look into it a bit deeper, but I have no idea whether I get anywhere before I run out of time...

Greetings,
Norbert