Re: [TeXmacs] texmacs and ubuntu jaunty

  • From: Paul Zarucki <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] texmacs and ubuntu jaunty
  • Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 00:41:31 +0100

Hi,

I have just installed Ununtu 9.04 (64-bit) and Texmacs 1.0.6.15 from the Ubuntu repository and it seems to work. I didn't install any other packages, except for the dependencies which were installed automatically along with Texmacs.

You could try removing Texmacs and then re-installing it (using Synaptic). It should work unless, perhaps, something else is damaged and is causing a problem.

My script for Ubuntu 8.04 doesn't work with 9.04. One problem is the package libltdl3-dev which no longer exists, perhaps it should now be libltdl7-dev. There is also another problem with creating the Debian package which I have not yet solved. When I have more time...

Regards,

Paul.

JC Bustamante wrote:
Hi all,

I've tried Paul's script to install TeXmacs on jaunty, and it does not work. After running it and trying to launch texmacs, I obtain:
Hopefully, Texmacs is now installed and ready to use!
juanb@juanb-desktop:~/Desktop$ texmacs
texmacs.bin: error while loading shared libraries: libltdl.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
juanb@juanb-desktop:~/Desktop$

I had Xubuntu 8.04 (then, Pual's script had worked nicely). I upgraded to 8.10, then to 9.04, and now I'm in trouble. I was lloking in the internet, and I've found https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ia32-libs/+bug/309841 but I do not understand :-(

I've also installed texmacs from synaptic, with the same lbltdl problem.

Anyone can help?

thanks and regards,

JC

--

Electronic Equipments Ltd.
101 Ridgeway Avenue, Dunstable, Bedfordshire, LU5 4QN, United Kingdom

Technical Services