Re: [TeXmacs] spurious brackets in Axiom session (fwd)

  • From: Alejandro Jakubi <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] spurious brackets in Axiom session (fwd)
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 05:56:07 -0300

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 19:56:09 -0300 (ART)
From: Alejandro Jakubi <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] spurious brackets in Axiom session

On Fri, 19 Jun 2009, Maxim Nikulin wrote:

I hope my recipe will be helpful.

I have tried your recipe skipping `sudo dpkg-reconfigure dash'. As expected,
the experiment took seveal hours and it finally failed because of a dependency
problem (the dreaded dependency hell again).

use e.g. http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/t/texmacs/
Download texmacs_1.0.7.orig.tar.gz, texmacs_1.0.7-2.dsc and
texmacs_1.0.7-2.diff.gz

What I have found here and downloaded are texmacs_1.0.7.2.orig.tar.gz,
texmacs_1.0.7.2-1.dsc, and texmacs_1.0.7.2-1.diff.gz.

sudo apt-get build-dep texmacs
# actually you should have installed everything mentioned in
# the debian/control file, Build-Depends entry

Actually I suspected problems here, and in prevention of dependency problems
that would be hard for me to solve in a console enviroment, I inspected this
Build-Depends entry and looked with aptitude at each of the required packages,
as I have some familiarity with the dependency conflict resolution
facility provided by aptitude.

Indeed, almost nothing that is mentioned in this entry was installed.
So, I began installing each of those missing packages with aptitude.
In one case there was a conflict that could be easily solved and for the rest it
went through except for the case of "libltdl-dev | libltdl7-dev".
What I have found installed was libltdl3-dev, but I have found available none of
the other two. So, I followed with the rest of the packages, hoping that
'sudo apt-get build-dep texmacs' could handle it somehow.
But it did nothing about it.

Then, I went on with 'fakeroot dpkg-buildpackage -b -us -uc' and it aborted with
these error messages:

===
dpkg-checkbuilddeps: Unmet build dependencies: libltdl-dev | libltdl7-dev
dpkg-buildpackage: warning: Build dependencies/conflicts unsatisfied;
aborting.
dpkg-buildpackage: warning: (Use -d flag to override.)
===

And as I read from 'man dpkg-buildpackage':

-d Do not check build dependencies and conflicts.

I do not find it wise doing that.

Alejandro