Re: [TeXmacs] compatiable issue of latex output file

  • From: address@hidden
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] compatiable issue of latex output file
  • Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 15:13:11 +0100

hi joris,

thanks for your reply. however, your response make me more confused. If you quote Elsevier is the mainstream of academic house, so the latex output from texmacs should be compatible with them. We can not force them to make them to be compatible with Texmacs. Being a core developer, I would like to have your comment on how to remove some incompatible tex code from Texmacs output to make it workable with Elsevier. That will be very helpful.

Thanks a lot.

Jack

On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 2:52 PM, Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sun, Aug 30, 2009 at 11:25:16AM +0100, address@hidden wrote:
> I got a compatiable issue with my submission to www.elsevier.com europe
> recently. All latex file which was exported by Texmacs can not been accepted
> by www.elsevier.com system. Does anybody have the similar experience?
> I would like to have some solution suggestion by texmacs users.

Can you expand a bit more on the problem?

Anyway, I suggest that you complain to Elsevier and
to managing editors of the journal of not accepting TeXmacs papers
or papers converted from TeXmacs. When they will get a sufficient
number of complaints, then maybe they will do something.
I do not consider it to be normal that they impose any formats;
*they* claim to be "professional" typesetters, right?

Best wishes, --Joris