[TeXmacs] TeXmacs' new semantic brackets

  • From: Alvaro Tejero Cantero <address@hidden>
  • To: TeXmacs users <address@hidden>
  • Subject: [TeXmacs] TeXmacs' new semantic brackets
  • Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 13:11:45 +0100

Again svn 3528, ubuntu 10.04 64 bit

> > > What did you type in order to enter, say (a,b] ?
> >
> > (a,b) then positioned before ) and typed ]. In the order
> > (automatically close brackets): (, a, b, ]

> This works for me "( a , b ]" yields (a,b].

It doesn't work for me, both with "Automatically close brackets"
enabled and disabled.

The minibuffer says: Error: bracket does not match in both cases.

> If I type (a,b) and then delete ) I cannot enter ] as a substitute,
> but neither can I enter ) ! I have to enter full parentheses and
> delete the opening one.

Strange; do you use the latest SVN version?

Yes (see above). And the error persists: I cannot anymore close (a,b

> >> Neither did Ctrl-* to toggle fixed-size vs. resizable brackets
> >
> > Where did you try to put the cursor?
>
> everywhere. May it be an interaction with my kbd mapping:
>
> ("space" "*")

I doubt that: C-* should work when inside the brackets. It does for me...

It does not for me; but Ctrl+* is recognized in the minibuffer as the
last entry.

Best,

-á.