Qt-Emacs shortcuts [was Re: [TeXmacs] Emacs shortcuts]

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: Gubinelli Massimiliano <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Qt-Emacs shortcuts [was Re: [TeXmacs] Emacs shortcuts]
  • Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 22:31:09 +0100

On Wed, Nov 03, 2010 at 11:10:49AM +0100, Alvaro Tejero Cantero wrote:
> svn 3528 ubuntu 10.04 64 bit
>
> About Meta+T:
>
> 1) I have only managed once in about 30 times to have Meta+T, N, T
> generate the table. Most of the times I input an 'n'

Max: there seems to be a problem here.
The shortcuts of the Insert -> Table submenu should be

Meta+T,Shift+N,T
Meta+T,Shift+N,Shift+T
etc.

> 2) Meta stops working after I select the table icon (in order to check
> that the shortcut is right). (But e.g. Control+X, S does save, it was
> not the case in svn 3522, though admittedly I did make clean and
> texmacs --setup for the latter to be sure.

Never tried this.

> 3) I find the new abbreviation scheme with capital letters really
> confusing. It forces you to fully write 'Meta', it is uglier and
> furthermore I find myself typing 'Shift+letter' all the time. This
> also explains my confusion with <mathe>, <mathpi> etc..

I agree, but the Qt interface forces this kind of standardization of the
menus.
I kept the old system for the X11 interface... Under MacOS, things are a bit
better,
because Shift, Meta, etc. are replaced by special glyphs.

Best wishes, --Joris

  • [TeXmacs] Emacs shortcuts, Alvaro Tejero Cantero, 11/03/2010
    • Qt-Emacs shortcuts [was Re: [TeXmacs] Emacs shortcuts], Joris van der Hoeven, 11/03/2010