Re: [TeXmacs] TeXmacs' new semantic brackets

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] TeXmacs' new semantic brackets
  • Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 22:16:52 +0100

> Again svn 3528, ubuntu 10.04 64 bit

I can only try the 32 bit version, but this should not be very different.
I tried the Qt version both with the default and Emacs profiles.

On Wed, Nov 03, 2010 at 01:11:45PM +0100, Alvaro Tejero Cantero wrote:
> > This works for me "( a , b ]" yields (a,b].
>
> It doesn't work for me, both with "Automatically close brackets"
> enabled and disabled.

In order to be sure:

- I activated *all* options in Edit -> Preferences -> Experimental.
- I disactivated Edit -> Keyboard -> Automatically close brackets.

> The minibuffer says: Error: bracket does not match in both cases.

I only get this message if I type the ) without a matching (,
or in the case when I type "f(x)+", remove the ")" and then type ")"
*after* the "+" (i.e. not on the position of the deleted ")").

> > If I type (a,b) and then delete ) I cannot enter ] as a substitute,
> > but neither can I enter ) ! I have to enter full parentheses and
> > delete the opening one.
>
> Strange; do you use the latest SVN version?
>
> Yes (see above). And the error persists: I cannot anymore close (a,b

Are you sure that you did not somehow hack the keyboard shortcuts in
an exotic way? Please try with a fresh ~/.TeXmacs

> > > Where did you try to put the cursor?
> >
> > everywhere. May it be an interaction with my kbd mapping:
> >
> > ("space" "*")
>
> I doubt that: C-* should work when inside the brackets. It does for me...
>
> It does not for me; but Ctrl+* is recognized in the minibuffer as the
> last entry.

Very strange... --Joris