Re: [TeXmacs] Float big table in two columns document

  • From: "Pablo S. Casas" <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Float big table in two columns document
  • Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 19:02:32 +0100 (CET)

Hello Denis:

Your ideas gave me a clue to a possible solution. It consists of
the following: while keeping the whole document in 2 column format, I
included each float object inside a one column paragraph as in:

<\with|par-columns|1>
<\float|float|t>
\;
</float>
</with>

This is enough to put the object in one column and floating at the
same time.

Very grateful for your help, Denis.

Best regards

Pablo S. Casas

PS: The use of floating objects give rise to tremendous waits of more
than 20 minutes (in a Intel Core 2 @ 2.13GHz fast computer), with
TeXmacs frozen each time there is some change in the document. As a
consequence I think floatings are not advisable for regular editing.