Re: [TeXmacs] tex export/import

  • From: François Poulain <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] tex export/import
  • Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 14:13:45 +0100

Le Sat, 11 Feb 2012 21:50:28 +0000,
Chris Austin <address@hidden> a écrit :

> The standard work-around in LaTeX, used for example by the Cadabra
> program, seems to be to insert an empty pair of braces at each point
> where the index position has to switch from upper to lower, or vice
> versa. For example, to write a Riemann tensor whose 1st and 3rd
> indices are lower, and whose 2nd and 4th indices are upper, we can
> write, in LaTeX: $ R_a{}^b{}_c{}^d $. However this does not convert
> properly to TeXmacs, at least in 1.0.7.10 and earlier versions: the
> gaps needed to define the horizontal positions of the indices just
> vanish.

I confirm. That's a bug. :)

Anyway, as Karl said, it's probably better to add semantic in your
latex source, e.g. by defining a macro or by using a LaTeX package,
like tensor.sty or tensind.sty.

Also, another workaround in LaTeX is $ R{_a}{^b}{_c}{^d} $. It may
provides a better understanding of the tensor meaning.

François

--
François Poulain <address@hidden>

Si dieux existait, il faudrait s'en débarrasser !
-+- Mikhaïl Aleksandrovitch Bakounine -+-