[TeXmacs] Strange artifacts on PNG image

  • From: François-Xavier Thomas <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: [TeXmacs] Strange artifacts on PNG image
  • Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 18:47:58 +0100

Hi all,

Another issue just popped up, except I'm not sure whether this is my fault or
a real bug.
I have a PNG file I'd like to add in a document, and it looks fine in
TeXmacs, but as soon as I generate the PDF, a lot of artifacts appear. Links
to TM and PDF files are below.

I'm using Mac OS X 10.7 with a handmade Homebrew formula for TeXmacs, so it
may be my fault. I'm guessing it might be a badly configured ImageMagick, but
I'm not sure. How does TeXmacs integrate an image into a document, exactly
(i.e. what kind of conversion, file formats, ...)?

Had anyone heard about this before, or does anyone know a fix?

Thanks for your time!

TM file : http://db.tt/N3pAVDeF
Resulting PDF file : http://db.tt/U3oixWmP

François-Xavier Thomas

PS : You might notice a lot of messages from me, since I recently switched to
a small MBA for taking notes in class (instead of my bulky old Dell), and I'm
starting to use this computer for more advanced documents as well. It's not
as flawless as on Linux, though... Anyway, cheers to the devs, TeXmacs is far
superior to any other mathematical editing software, so keep it up!