Re: [TeXmacs] silent failure on PDF export (bug?)

  • From: Miguel de Benito Delgado <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] silent failure on PDF export (bug?)
  • Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 18:36:14 +0200

On Sun, Oct 14, 2012 at 6:37 PM, Yin Wang <address@hidden> wrote:
> Does TeXmacs rely on ghostscript?

For conversion to pdf it does until someone has the will and time to
finish the native pdf renderer.

>I don't have gs on my mac and I
> haven't found a easy way to install it. The GS website doesn't provide
> a mac os package.

Yep, that sucks. I think the easiest and cleanest way is to use
macports. Install it, then type in a terminal

sudo port install ghostscript

You'll have gs installed in /opt/local/bin (might need to add that to
your path, I don't remember if macports does that by default)

> Can I do without GS?

If you use ps2pdf, yes, but some other features (related to image
support) also use gs, so you are better off simply installing
macports. It's really easy and uninstalling is completely clean.

Best,
Miguel de Benito.