[TeXmacs] Re: "around" that allows line breaks

  • From: Michael Lachmann <address@hidden>
  • To: texmacs-users <address@hidden>
  • Subject: [TeXmacs] Re: "around" that allows line breaks
  • Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2012 02:08:26 +0200

Sorry, still trying to understand stuff....

On 28 October 2012 01:34, Michael Lachmann <address@hidden> wrote:
> Just some more exploring....
>
> On 27 October 2012 22:29, Michael Lachmann <address@hidden> wrote:
> I now understand what is going on here, to some extent. The cursor at
> this point (moving from before the <next-line> to after it) is inside
> the <next-line> tag. That means that the tag that it lit up is
> <next-line>, which is why no outer environment is lit up. And, since
> the <next-line> element is at the end of the top line, that's where
> the cursor is.
> I don't think that's what should happen. I think the cursor should not
> move into the <next-line> tag, but instead BEYOND it.
> Or else, it should be that the <next-line> element should stretch from
> one line to the next, so that when you stand in it, you are in the
> next line.
> Is that possible?

I noticed that if I edit the file
src/Data/Drd/drd_std.cpp
so that instead of
--
init (NEW_LINE, "new-line", fixed (0) -> name ("new line"));
init (NEXT_LINE, "next-line", fixed (0) -> name ("next line"));

I've no idea what I did above, and what the various flags in this file
do... it just sounded right.

It could also be that I'm going the wrong way. Maybe there is an
easier way to put line breaks into <around>s.

Michael