[TeXmacs] Re: "around" that allows line breaks

  • From: Michael Lachmann <address@hidden>
  • To: texmacs-users <address@hidden>
  • Subject: [TeXmacs] Re: "around" that allows line breaks
  • Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2012 22:29:59 +0200

OK, answering a bit of my own questions.
I'm not sure, but I think "around" doesn't really have one place where
it is defined. It seems to be defined over many places, called
"AROUND".
And, I noticed that <next-line> does work inside arounds. This means
that we can have really nice bracket-matching in TeXmacs.
The only thing that is still puzzling is that when you insert a
<next-line> (e.g. by pressing cmd-enter on my computer, or
Format->Hyphenation->new line), the cursor shows up on the previous
line, even though text entered appears on the next line.
Is this on purpose? Can it be changed?

I attached a sample file. Move around with the cursor, and see how
nicely bracketed areas light up. It is easy to see which bracket
matches what.
But move the cursor to the line below the "print(i-50)", and then
slowly move it to the right. As you pass the curly bracket, the right
area lights up (i.e. the whole block after the "for(i in 1:100)".
Move one more to the right. The cursor is still on the same line, but
now no area is lit up. If you now press a letter, it shows up on the
next line (where it should). But the cursor is never on the first
column on the next line...

Michael

--

Michael Lachmann, Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology
Deutscher Platz 6, 04107 Leipzig, Germany.