Re: [TeXmacs] Mode for double/composite editing

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Mode for double/composite editing
  • Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 20:23:23 +0100

On Fri, Feb 07, 2014 at 09:22:32PM +0200, Victor Porton wrote:
> The thing I do right now is to explore Bourbaki's proofs and write more
> general theorems and proofs.
>
> Can we invent something to ease this job?
>
> What I want is "double" text editing, at the same time looking to a
> Bourbaki's proof and writing a more general proof, so that two "modes"
> would interleave.
>
> Maybe we don't need to modify TeXmacs core for this, but just to create
> some macroses?
>
> I really have no idea HOW, I know only WHAT I need. But we may think.

In TeXmacs' early days, a historian of mathematics used TeXmacs a lot,
and created some interesting extensions which were integrated into
the mainstream: Tools -> Linking tool. The idea is to heavily rely
on typed hyperlinks with types such as 'comment', 'generalization',
'application', etc. The tool is rather easy to learn and you might
find some documentation if you search well.

Best wishes, --Joris