Re: [TeXmacs] texmacs formation

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] texmacs formation
  • Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2014 22:44:42 +0100

Hi,

On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 08:38:37PM +0100, marc lalaude-labayle wrote:
> in my high school, a friend will offer in a few weeks a latex formation.

Sounds quite ridiculous an idea, at high schools...

> Here a brief translation :
> - mathematical formula
> - variations table (typical french tool to study functions' monotony)
> - import geogebra images (geogebra is THE most used software in french
> secondary schools)
> - proba trees
> - powerpoint type presentation
> - exercises, with solutions that can appear on the pdf or not : depends on
> your choice
> - TOC, list of exercises, and so on
> - creation of te file from within python
> - electrical circuits, chess problems ...
>
> In my dream, i would like to offer exactly the same formation (same goals)
> but with texmacs.

I think that people should stop thinking in terms of LaTeX.
What about:
- Showing a live computer algebra session.
- Dynamically modifying a presentation or class material with folds.
- Drawing some graphics with mathematical formulas inside.
- Editing a table.
- Write a short program to customize the editor.

Anyway, we are of course interested in any kind of useful class material
if you decide to make some.

> So my questions :
> - could you tell me how to do exercises with solutions compiled or not
> - couls we hace a place where people share their init-files (documented)
> and their style files. I really would like to know how to customize several
> things but don't manage to. Reading some of your init files would really
> help i think (as reading a macro file in latex whan i started using it)

I'll be back on that later.

Best wishes, --Joris