Re: [TeXmacs] texmacs formation

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] texmacs formation
  • Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2014 09:31:02 +0100

On Mon, Mar 03, 2014 at 07:59:58PM +0100, Miguel de Benito Delgado wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 9:31 AM, marc lalaude-labayle <address@hidden
> > Anyway, thank you Miguelm : i tried with folded/unfolded but for long
> > problems, if you want to hide answer after the question it seems to be
> > uneasy to write.
>
> Indeed. AFAIK folded environments are implemented as tables and these can
> be quite slow to typeset.

No, only 'unfolded-grouped' is implemented using tables.
I just checked on my computer: speed is OK for the standard 'unfolded',
whereas 'unfolded-grouped' starts to become a bit slower when
the unfolded part spans over several pages.

> There's no risk of breaking anything by modifying your ~/.TeXmacs/progs
> folder (unless you already have stuff in there which you are using, but
> this seems unlikely based on what you say).

Well, there is the risk that TeXmacs won't start if there are serious
errors in your home made initialization files. Nevertheless, the errors
are not critical: if you remove my-init-texmacs.scm, then they will disappear.

Best wishes, --Joris