Re: [TeXmacs] change icons size

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] change icons size
  • Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2014 19:05:13 +0100

Dear Paola,

On Sat, Feb 15, 2014 at 03:32:59PM +0000, Paola Manzini wrote:
> Hi all, I have just installed TeXmacs on my machine, which has a
> high definition screen, and the icons are too small to view
> confortably. Short of changing the screen resolution on my laptop,
> is there a way to modify the icon sizes?
> Thanks!

Yes, the icon problem is quite annoying.
Massimiliano is working on a Retina version of TeXmacs,
but he has not addressed the icon problem yet.

A few points though:
- Almost all icons were designed by myself.
- Most icons were redesigned recently, as resizable SVG images,
with four sizes 16x16, 20x20, 24x24 and 32x32.
- It should be easy to write a script which multiplies
the size of each icon by two.
- In the file qt_tm_widget.cpp, the icon sizes are set explicitly
(search setIconSize).

If you have time, then you may play around a bit with the icons and
the source code, and see if you can get something to work at least for you.
Hopefully, a clean solution with a user preference will be integrated
sometime soon.

Best wishes, --Joris