Re: [TeXmacs] Problems with recent versions of Maxima [was Re: maxima plugin in macosx binary version (dmg v 1.99)]

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Problems with recent versions of Maxima [was Re: maxima plugin in macosx binary version (dmg v 1.99)]
  • Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2014 22:03:50 +0100

On Wed, Mar 05, 2014 at 03:29:12PM -0500, Kostas Oikonomou wrote:
> Hmm, don't really know. Maxima is constantly being fixed, and is not
> hard to build, so my solution is to always have the latest version.

Yes, well, they might do a bit of testing with existing interfaces
before "fixing" around... Anyway, from some discussion on their mailing
lists,
I understand that future versions of myprinc will accept both 1 and 2
arguments.
In that case, it might be best to do nothing.

> > However, I fear that the fix will break the interface for older versions
> > of Maxima
> > for which myprinc expects only one argument.

I just tested and confirm this fear ;^(

Best wishes, --Joris