Re: [TeXmacs] Qt_version_of_TeXmacs-1.0.7.21_is_slow

  • From: Youjun Hu <address@hidden>
  • To: François Poulain <address@hidden>
  • Cc: "address@hidden" <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Qt_version_of_TeXmacs-1.0.7.21_is_slow
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 23:34:07 +0800

Hi Francois,
The delay I encountered is not an overall slowness of Texmacs. The delay only occurs when I try to input  or delete a new-line-break in a .tm file created by one of the old versions of Texmacs. I guess there is some additional calculations that TeXmacs need to do when it is asked to insert a new-line-breake. In my case, the additional calculation may be too time-consuming because TeXmacs did not do the calculation correctly.
There may be some clean hack that can remove the bug.  Again, any information about this is very appreciated because I have many long .tm files created by TeXmacs-1.0.7 and I want to switch to using TeXmacs-1.99. Thank you.
Youjun

On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 5:09 PM, François Poulain <address@hidden> wrote:
Le Mon, 30 Jun 2014 15:52:18 +0800,
Youjun Hu <address@hidden> a écrit :

> Another update: I have compiled the latest TeXmacs (1.99) with Qt and
> the same problem appeares when editing an old texmacs file created by
> the old version of texmacs (1.0.7). Thank you for reading this. Any
> information about this problem is appreciated.

A bug has been opened about it: https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?42455

François

--
François Poulain <address@hidden>