Re: [TeXmacs] Table of contents after renaming file

  • From: Miguel de Benito Delgado <address@hidden>
  • To: texmacs-users <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Table of contents after renaming file
  • Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 00:15:07 +0200

On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 10:45 PM, Michael Lachmann <address@hidden> wrote:
What is the correct way of changing a section into a subsection? It seems that selecting the section header and choosing
'subsection' from the toolbar menu isn't the right thing.

Indeed not! This does what you saw: inserts a new tag surrounding the one which is selected. I guess it could be fixed, as is done when a \with tag enclosing another, but it would interfere with the idea of structured sections (experimental package).

I see that one can select 'subsection' in the context menu. Is there any other way?

Using the focus bar is correct. You can use the keyboard as well: Alt-Tab (MacOS) will circulate through all "structured variants" of the tag where the cursor is located, no need to select anything. Add Shift to cycle back.

This works in many contexts (e.g. different enumerations, equations<->formulas, Big and small figures, and mostly any tag which belongs in some category.

It's the same as TAB, just try it everywhere! Especially in mathematics. (well sort of: the keyboard variants, e.g. "a tab" for alpha, must be typed in sequence, whereas one may always cycle through all structured variants anytime)

Best,
--
Miguel de  Benito.