Re: [TeXmacs] Texmacs for Cygwin and Maxima

  • From: Marco Atzeri <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Texmacs for Cygwin and Maxima
  • Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2015 07:12:08 +0200

On 6/4/2015 12:17 AM, Michael Shea wrote:
I have been having so many problems getting the Native Windows version
to work, I decided to install Cygwin. I have TeXmacs working fine now,
except for the Maxima plugin. Scheme, Lisp, Python and Shell plugins are
working out of the box. I installed the Maxima Package that came with
Cygwin, but the program is not being located.

Searching the web I found an older article that basically says that the
Cygwin TeXmacs does not support the Cygwin maxima and give a procedure
for setting up the Windows native Maxima with Cygwin TeXMacs.

Is that still the case?

I never looked at the case; when I packaged Texmacs, Maxima was without
a proper Maintainer. Nor until now any user complained.

For what I see Maxima is located in /usr/bin as lunch script

usr/bin/maxima
usr/bin/rmaxima

see https://cygwin.com/packages/x86/maxima/maxima-5.36.0-2

I will need to install maxima and check.

Marco