Re: [TeXmacs] AppImage and Linux distro packages for TeXmacs 1.99.6

  • From: Kyle Andrews <address@hidden>
  • To: Philippe Joyez <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] AppImage and Linux distro packages for TeXmacs 1.99.6
  • Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2018 19:00:55 +0000

Thanks Philippe, unfortunately for me on Manjaro launching this image gives me an immediate segmentation fault (core dumped).

On Sun, 7 Jan 2018 at 13:28 Philippe Joyez <address@hidden> wrote:
Following a discussion in this list a few month ago (1) I assembled a
Texmacs-1.99.6 AppImage that is supposed to run on most Linux platforms
without any installation (see http://appimage.org). You can download it from
this link:

https://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/slowphil:/texmacs-devel/AppImage/texmacs-latest-x86_64.AppImage

Save it were it is convenient for you, then simply make it executable and
launch it!
Note that this is the very first AppImage I pack and your mileage with it may
vary. In any case I'd be glad to hear about success and failures on various
distros, to know if improvements are needed.

If the AppImage does not work for you, I remind you that conventional packages
are also available for many Linux distros:

https://software.opensuse.org/download.html?project=home:slowphil:texmacs-devel&package=texmacs

These are also much easier to install and update than the generic binaries
available on the official TeXmacs website.

Philippe
(1) https://lists.texmacs.org/wws/arc/texmacs-users/2017-09/msg00020.html