Re: Texmacs formation

  • From: TeXmacs <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: Texmacs formation
  • Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2019 07:54:50 +0200

Hi Marc,

On Fri, Sep 20, 2019 at 05:41:06PM +0200, marc lalaude-labayle wrote:
> two days ago i made a presentation of texmacs and libreoffice with Dmaths
> extension. This presentation is addressed to future math teachers and young
> math teachers. Here are the questions and wishes that appeared, but at
> first, let me say they were all impressed by texmacs.
>
> 1. They do teach to young pupil who like colors. And they wanted
> different colors for theorems, remarks, definitions ... How can we
> achieve this ?

If you want theorems to be in red, then you can

A) Start a theorem.
B) Focus -> Preferences -> Edit macro (or use the focus bar)
C) Select whatever you wish to see in red.
D) Turn it into red (you may open the menus with the right mouse button)

We might wish to have a special style package to make this easier, by the way.

> 2. They wanted to know how to write simple templates, or to personalize
> the existing ones ...

Tools -> Macros
Focus -> Preferences -> Edit macro

> 3. They wanted to modify the task bar by adding some icons ...

This is a bit more work; you have to do some scheme programming.
Suggestions to make this easier for kids/professors at high school
would be welcome...

Best wishes, --Joris

  • Texmacs formation, marc lalaude-labayle, 09/20/2019
    • Re: Texmacs formation, TeXmacs, 09/26/2019