Wikipedia article

  • From: Giovanni Piredda <address@hidden>
  • To: texmacs-users <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Wikipedia article
  • Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2019 10:43:43 +0200

I have expanded the Wikipedia article (both the English and Italian versions). I have added information about typesestting, macros, Scheme and graphics, and also added that there is a group of collaborators around JvdH that maintains the program (I think that a mention of collaboration could beget further collaboration).

The article would benefit from a review. I have copied (with minimal adaptations) part of what I wrote from Massimiliano's presentation at the Guile and Guix days this June (https://www.iam.uni-bonn.de/fileadmin/user_upload/gubinelli/texmacs/talk-texmacs-guile-strasbourg-june-2019.pdf) and there are things that I understand faintly, so that I might have written something wrong; in addition to this, Wikipedia recommends not copying :-) so that a bit of re-elaboration of the text is due I think - I will do myself but a review is again helpful. The new section is the one with the title "Typesetting and document control".

I have tried to put in an example of graphics that is short enough to be ok for an encyclopedia article but looks nice as well. Perhaps that can be improved too, it looks a bit long to me.

Giovanni