Re: footnotes with beamer style

  • From: TeXmacs <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: footnotes with beamer style
  • Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2020 01:07:08 +0100

Hi Kostas,

On Fri, Mar 20, 2020 at 02:50:25PM +0000, OIKONOMOU, KOSTAS N (KOSTAS N)
wrote:
> I'm writing slides using the Beamer document style. One issue I encountered
> is with footnotes.
> TeXmacs puts the footnote after the last line of text on a slide, but the
> text usually doesn't fill the page,
> and the result is not pleasing.
> (LaTeX with beamer does the same thing, and the solution is to use
> minipages.)
>
> Does anyone have any ideas?

The solution depends on how you want to adjust the positioning to
the case when the main text might be longer than a page,
or when you switch to another page size or style.

One thing that you can do is to use a graphical screen to
position the notes where you want them to be.

Another possibility is to use a wide table with one cell for
the main text and one cell for the footnote. You may next set
the height of the cell with the main text to 0.9pag,
or the height of the table to 0.99pag and use a vertical stretch
factor of 1 for the upper cell (curiously, there seems to be a bug
with the vertical stretch solution though).

I also recall that 'Insert -> Link -> Reference to note' and
'Insert -> Link -> Text for note -> Wide' allow you to insert
customized footnotes.

Best wishes, --JOris