Re: Items or labels of a matrix beyond the parenthesis?

  • From: TeXmacs <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: Items or labels of a matrix beyond the parenthesis?
  • Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2020 01:27:39 +0100

Hi Frank,

As Max suggests, the easiest solution is probably to draw above your matrix.
However, this solution is of course not very robust if you add an extra cell
or when you change the font.

Another option is to use tables and manually put big brackets in cells
that span an entire column. You may join cells in a selection using
Focus -> Join selected cells. You probably want to vertically center
such a cell, insert a pair of brackets, manually resize using
M-up / M-down (or whatever is appropriate for your look and feel),
and remove the closing or opening bracket. Unfortunately,
we do not have any way to automatically adjust the vertical height
to the height of the cell, but still, the solution is a bit more robust
then drawing over the matrix, and should allow you to construct very
complex annotated matrices.

Best wishes, --Joris