Re: Draw Curve

  • From: Giovanni Piredda <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: Draw Curve
  • Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2020 22:41:18 +0100

On 25.03.20 21:48, Massimiliano Gubinelli wrote:
There is documentation in the manual about scheme:

Help -> Scheme extensions -> Overview of the scheme extension language.

For general knowledge about the language you can read any tutorial, there are many here:

https://schemers.org

hth,

Two tutorials which I liked are

http://ds26gte.github.io/tyscheme/index.html

and

http://www.shido.info/lisp/idx_scm_e.html

(the last one seems simpler to me).

The reference to Guile (the implementation of Scheme use by TeXmacs) is

https://www.gnu.org/software/guile/docs/docs-1.8/guile-ref/

and one could use as well references to other implementations as one could find some of the descriptions easier to follow (but one has to keep in mind that the details, e.g. which functions are defined, are different)

MIT Scheme:

https://groups.csail.mit.edu/mac/ftpdir/scheme-7.4/doc-html/scheme_toc.html

Racket:

https://docs.racket-lang.org/

I have a quite rough knowledge of the language, but I start "feeling" that the way to use it is through function composition, not through a sequence of instructions (like one does in Fortran for example). It "feels" like building "things" with "objects" that become more complex (inside) as the work goes on but nevertheless "fit together".

But maybe it is just my imagination ;-)