Re: how to cut and paste a drawn image within TeXmacs

  • From: TeXmacs <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: how to cut and paste a drawn image within TeXmacs
  • Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2020 15:42:07 +0200

Hi Mirko,

For copy and paste operations, you have to be a little bit careful
in which "mode" you do them.

For instance, if you wish to copy and paste a document fragment
which contains both text and mathematics, it is usually better to
start your selection from inside the formula and end it with
the text (rather than the opposite). Indeed, this means that
you will be in text mode when ending your selection, so your
selection will be consider to be a selection of text with
some mathematics embedded inside.

Likewise, if you want to copy a picture, it is recommended to
ensure that you are still in text mode when ending your selection.
In that case, the normal copy and paste mechanism should work.

Best wishes, --Joris