Re: TeXmacs: circle arrows

  • From: TeXmacs <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: TeXmacs: circle arrows
  • Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2020 23:27:19 +0100

Hi Frank,

On Fri, Nov 06, 2020 at 05:25:50PM +0100, Frank wrote:
> Do we have a support for circle arrows in TeXmacs like
>
> https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/21334/is-there-a-package-that-has-the-clockwise-gapped-circle-arrow-in-it
>
> This kind of symbols is frequently used to denote an action.

There are \circlearrowleft and right which are slightly different.
I added keyboard shortcuts '@ < tab' and '@ > tab' (revision 13088).

But since the characters you want exist in Unicode (U+27F2 and U+27F3),
it suffices to select a font that supports them.

> Furthermore, I wonder what is the correct way to input a left
> quotient in TeXmacs. I mean, for example, double cosets like G \ X / H.
> I use \setminus but I guess that it is semantically wrong.

I just gave the usual backslash the semantics of a division
in math mode (revision 13089).

I recall that you may do this your self using
Insert -> Semantics -> Division.

See also "The Jolly Writer", section 4.12.

Best wishes, --Joris