Re: Blog

  • From: Giovanni Piredda <address@hidden>
  • To: Massimiliano Gubinelli <address@hidden>
  • Cc: TeXmacs <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: Blog
  • Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2020 16:37:37 +0100

On 11.11.20 15:35, Massimiliano Gubinelli wrote:

On 11. Nov 2020, at 14:32, Giovanni Piredda <address@hidden> wrote:

I would also like to hear your opinion on putting an accent on user-developed extensions
(including making it easier for other users to find them by providing a collection of articles
which link to repositories, and encouraging authors to submit them). It seems to me that the
extensibility of TeXmacs should be used more; moreover, it automatically sets a distance
("plugin", "extension") between the core software and the extensions, so that
hosting an article about an extension does not mean endorsing the extension, which remains under
the responsibility of its author.

I'm eager to see extensions developed by users. The appropriate way to host
them seems to have external git repositories and to have in the blog an
article about the usage of the extension or about its developement, etc...

Then I suggest (I can do it with a pull request too, but maybe it is better if you do it, since you are going to be the one that filters the blog's content) to add a note on this in the guidelines, maybe next to or at the bullet point "Articles on adding new features or customizations."; maybe with the annotation "these articles, collected in a section of the 'Awesome GNU TeXmacs' document, will provide a small database of user contributions" .

G.

  • Blog, Massimiliano Gubinelli, 11/11/2020
    • Re: Blog, Giovanni Piredda, 11/11/2020
      • Re: Blog, Giovanni Piredda, 11/11/2020
      • Re: Blog, Massimiliano Gubinelli, 11/11/2020