Re: Conditional definition of Scheme functions and typesetting of trees

  • From: Massimiliano Gubinelli <address@hidden>
  • To: Giovanni Piredda <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: Conditional definition of Scheme functions and typesetting of trees
  • Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2020 22:50:35 +0100

Going back to your attempt: I think that the predicate in-math? cannot be
used to check whether the typesetter is working on an equation or not. No
information is passed to Scheme about the internal status of the typesetter
when you call a \extern markup. You can pass informations only via
parameters. So your unitSpacer has no way to know if the evaluation is inside
some math markup or not.

The predicates in-math?, etc.. are just to check if the editor is in text,
prog, or math mode, for example. Thats is completely separate on the status
of the typesetter.

HTH,

Max