Re: Why not create a standalone viewer for .tm files?

  • From: TeXmacs <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: Why not create a standalone viewer for .tm files?
  • Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2020 12:37:40 +0100

Hi all,

I don't see an easy way to create a viewer that would essentially be different
from TeXmacs itself. So it seems to be a lot of effort for a debatable gain.

On the other hand, a related idea is to be able use TeXmacs as a plug-in
inside browsers. I think that this might be very interesting for certain
use scenarios. I did not investigate for a while, but I remember that Qt
used to simplify this task, so it might be doable without too much pain.

Best wishes, --Joris