Re: Why not create a standalone viewer for .tm files?

  • From: Pedro Diaz Simal <address@hidden>
  • To: Amir Michail <address@hidden>
  • Cc: TeXmacs <address@hidden>, texmacs-users <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: Why not create a standalone viewer for .tm files?
  • Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2020 13:35:10 +0100

You already have the pdf format for this purpose

Regards

El dom., 29 nov. 2020 13:18, Amir Michail <address@hidden> escribió:

> On Nov 29, 2020, at 6:37 AM, TeXmacs <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I don't see an easy way to create a viewer that would essentially be different
> from TeXmacs itself.  So it seems to be a lot of effort for a debatable gain.
>
> On the other hand, a related idea is to be able use TeXmacs as a plug-in
> inside browsers.  I think that this might be very interesting for certain
> use scenarios.  I did not investigate for a while, but I remember that Qt
> used to simplify this task, so it might be doable without too much pain.

On a related note, maybe there could be a way to specify a maximum line width (without modifying the document settings)? In this way, word wrapping could be done at the window edge provided that the window is not too wide. This would be especially useful in full screen mode — which would often be activated when using a browser

Amir